Thursday, August 6, 2009

Butternut Squash and Spinach Ravioili w/ Sage Brown Butter Sauce

I came up with this because I had some frozen Spinach and Butternut Squash in the freezer that I wasn't sure what to do with. I also had a tub of Ricotta Cheese in the fridge, which I didn't want to go to waste. Then I remembered one of Giaida's recipe for Butternut Squash Ravioili w/ brown butter sauce. It looked simple enough to make, so here's my version of it.


What you need for the Ravioili:
1 pint of Ricotta Cheese
1 box of frozen Spinach
1 box of frozen Butternut Squash
Clove of garlic (minced)
1 tsp. Italian Seasoning
1 tsp. Olive oil
1/2 tsp. Ground nutmeg
Salt and Pepper (to taste)
Lemon zest (1 tsp.)
1 package of Wonton wrappers

Mix all the ingredients in a large bowl. Place a teaspoonful of filling on each wraper and fold the edges. It is really up to you how big you want your Ravioili. Since the Wonton wrappers are quite thin, I suggest cooking them quickly in boiling water, or steaming them. Approximately 2 to 3 minutes is perfect.



For the Sage Brown Butter Sauce, you will need the following:

3 Tbsp. of butter
1 Tbsp. Olive oil
Fresh Sage leaves (1 to 5, depending on your taste)

Place the butter, olive oil and sage leaves on a cold pan. Let it brown on medium heat. Once the butter is brown, spoon over the cooked ravioilis. As a topper, I used caramelized onions. It was delicious!


















No comments:

Post a Comment

Whitehouse Fruit Farm

Frittata with Zucchini and Mozarella Cheese

Frittata with Zucchini and Mozarella Cheese
Abby's Kitchen

Zesty Seafood Kettle

Zesty Seafood Kettle
Rosetta Stone Cafe