What makes for a perfect Friday night in after a long hard week at work. Well, I could only think of one thing, baking cookies with amazing friends.
The most amazing chocolate chip cookie recipe I found is Alton Brown’s the chewy chocolate chips. Since I am an avid chocolate fan, I added more chocolate chips, dark ones of course. I also added walnuts and a pinch of cinnamon for added flavor.
So here’s my take on it the Chewy’s:
2 sticks of unsalted butter
2 1/4 cups of bread flour
1 teaspoon of kosher salt
1 teaspoon of baking soda
1/4 cup of sugar
1 1/4 cups of brown sugar
1 whole egg
1 egg yolk
2 tablespoons of milk ( I used whole milk)
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
1/2 cup of walnuts or pecans
a pinch of cinnamon
*I like to use the best kind of chocolate chips that I can find. For me, it’s all about the quality of the ingredients.
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
1. Melt the butter in a saucepan over low heat.
2. In a medium sized bowl, sift the flour, salt, cinnamon and baking soda and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, pour the melted. Add the sugar and the brown sugar.
4. Cream the butter and the sugars over medium speed.
5. Add the egg, yolk, milk, and vanilla extract. Mix until well combined.
6. Slowly incorporate the flour mixture until thoroughly combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
Chill the dough, then scoop with an ice cream scooper (20#) into a parchment or silpat lined baking sheets.
Bake for 14 minutes or until golden brown.
This should yield about 2 1/2 dozen cookies.
After you make these, you and your loved ones will be addicted to Friday nights and baking.